Monday, November 22, 2010

Yes, after a 14 month hiatus I decided to write something...and this is it, sorry my starved audience of one.
I was actually pondering the kinds of movie gore out there. This came about from describing the 127 Hours movie to a particularly finicky movie goer. Now, I have not yet seen the film so what I am saying is fully based on a review that I heard. The reviewer ascertained his listeners that the movie is not that bad. I passed on this assertion.
I of course started wondering if it’s true since I just caught myself spreading someone else’s word, and a new and unproven reviewer at that. Could it be true that chewing of one’s arm on the big screen could be not that bad?
I believe that yes, if anyone can do it, it's Danny Boyle, his gore is short and piercing and overwhelming and out the door you go. The dead baby in Trainspotting...Wow, I did not know that I can stop my heart beat for that long. But then it's business as usual. Gauging eyes out in Slumdog Millionaire? I actually closed my eyes for that scene- I think, but when it was done ,it was over.
How about the other end of the spectrum, the lasting, lifer chill of David Lynch gore? Yeah, fire walk with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment