Friday, May 8, 2009

Transylavania vs. Inland Empire


Both pictures are the directors bests and are respectively my No. 1 and No. 2 at least current pics. Transylvania is a vivid linear tale that will be at the forefornt of my cortex for a while to come and than begin beating around the shadier areas of the mind, never leaving. That feeling is mine to carry.

Inland Empire is grand, perfectly timed, intricate, and well confusing, something to be watched over and over for the trip that it is. How lucky am I to get Lynch to shoot in Poland? Jeez where was I when that was being made...ahh yeah the derailing of my destiny is a different story altogether...

Both really hit close to two different hearts of Poland and of me by extension. Transylvania speaks to the folk roots, Zakopane, achordeons, folk costume, all the colors and energy that is a base to Polish anything.This folk heart is also what was really repressed when i was growing up. Thankfully I had my village summers to pick it up. That beauty does not leave.

Inland Empire masterfully grips the mystrery and tragedy and the waning energy of pre war Poland. How is this even possible for a non Pole? Maybe it is easier being an outside observer or maybe that is the attraction to Lynch that he always worked that mind set into his pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment